Some more Resources for Eid
Yes, Ramadan is over and I’m back.
Taqabalallahu minnee wa minkum (may Allah accept from me and from you).
I had already put up some Eid resources. However, there are some more:
[Click on the title to go to the website or download the article.]
1. Eid 101 Flash Presentation by Muhammad Al-Ahareef – Very nice indeed (especially for those who moan about lack of time).
2. Eid Greetings, Cards and Gifts by Muhammad Al-Jibaaly.
3. When Eid and Jumuah (Friday) coincide by Various Scholars.
4. What should be done if Eid coincides with a Friday by Shaikh Saalih Al-Fawzan.
A few points:
[Note: The time on Friday when duas are accepted is either the time between the two khutbahs (lectures) in the Friday prayer or in the last hour of Friday (i.e. the hour before Maghrib on Friday). There is an authentic hadeeth that shows that it is the latter but the former is still a good time to do dua as well.]
– Eid is a big test for all of us. Sadly, it’s easy to forget about Ramadan on this day. So what do we do? Well, we should try to do the following:
1) Do the things prescribed for Eid e.g. ghusl, Eid prayer, et.
2) Turn the good acts into ibaadah e.g. visiting relatives and taking care of guests are acts of worship if we do it with the intention of pleasing Allah.
3) Don’t miss the fard prayers no matter what.
4) Don’t sleep without at least reading one page of the Quran. As most people will be busy entertaining the guests throughout the day or visiting friends and relatives, try to do this early in the morning or at night (before sleeping).
5) Try to recite Surah Al-Kahf. The time is from Maghrib on Thursday to Maghrib on Friday,
6) Don’t forget the morning and evening duas. Even if you say them a bit late, make sure that you say them! Also, don’t forget to do dua the hour before Maghrib.
7) Try to stay away from sin. If you mess up, do istighfar ASAP.
8) Try to remember Allah as much as you can throughout the day. Is it befitting that you struggled to remember him for 30 days and then promptly forgot about him on the 31st day?
Have a good Eid.
PS. The Shawwal fasts can be done from the 2nd of Shawwal onwards. We don’t have to do it from then but we can. I’ll post more on this tomorrow, insha-Allah.