Skip to content

October 2, 2010

Project “Recover Ramadan”(or “Restore Righteousness”) – Step 1: Realise that your iman is in shambles

by Umm Muawiyah

Assalamu Alaikum.

Yes, it’s me again. And I just got another idea.

Now, you might be thinking: “What’s the difference between this project and the Remember Ramadan series (which we have yet to see) and the Post-Ramadan Teensie-Weensie Tips (we’re still waiting for the Learning Arabic post!)?”

[Er..I am planning on restarting both series, insha-Allah.]

Well, firstly, there’s a difference because I say that there’s a difference. Simple.

Secondly, the difference is as follows:

1) Remember Ramadan Series (first part is coming soon, insha-Allah): That’s for us to remember what makes Ramadan…Ramadan. See?

It’s to enable us to compare Ramadan and the other months from a variety of different angles. Or at least, that was the plan.

2) The Post-Ramadan Teensie-Weensie Tips was to maintain whatever we got from Ramadan and also some ways in which we can be ready for next Ramadan, insha-Allah.

3) The Project Recover Ramadan is as the name says. Unlike the above two, this will be a step-by-step guide to help us reach the level of Ramadan (or close to it). [The first two series will support this one.]

Look, ultimately the point is not to have a good Ramadan, it’s to have a good death. We don’t know if we’ll reach Ramadan again. What we do know is that we’ll all die. It could be before Ramadan or after Ramadan. In the end, it doesn’t matter. The important thing is that we strive to be obedient slaves of Allah in our lives so that we attain His Pleasure and so get Paradise.

I can do one of two things:

1) Alternate between the above three and the other posts (which may contain post-Ramadan lectures/articles, resources, etc.)

2) Alternate between the first two and the other posts (which may contain post-Ramadan lectures/articles, resources, etc.) and have the Recover Ramadan on a daily basis. It will be short (seriously) and to the point (insha-Allah), with baby steps that we can take to improve ourselves.

So, what do you think? Comments please. Do you want the first option or the second option? Is there anything that you’d like discussed?

[It’s strange. I keep asking all of you but 99% of the time, I get zero response.]

STEP #1:

The first step towards solving any problem is to accept that one has a problem and to want to change. And that acceptance is the biggest step that one can take towards solving the problem.

Now, you might say “My iman is really high! It’s not in shambles.” If so, that’s excellent, alhamdulillah. Just two questions though: 1) Is it as high as it was in Ramadan? and 2) Do all your actions reflect this?

I’ve seen many people who don’t seem to care that they were much more religious in Ramadan. It doesn’t seem to bother them that they’ve dropped off.

That, my friends, is a catastrophe.

So, my question to you is: If your iman has dipped after Ramadan, have you noticed? Does it bother you? Do you even want to recover what you lost? Do you want to be as righteous as you were in Ramadan?

If your answer is “yes”, then you might benefit from this series, insha-Allah.

12 Comments Post a comment
  1. aliya123
    Oct 2 2010

Asalaam alaykum

I would prefer Option 1 as I would like to have more time to review and take in the Project Ramadan posts and work on these inshallah…a little more time to reflect I guess inshallah.

Jazakillahu kheira

• Umm Muawiyah
      Oct 4 2010

Wa Alaikum Assalam.

Wa iyaaki.

2. Fathima
    Oct 2 2010

Assalamu Alaikum

I prefer option 2 actually – would like to see Recover Ramadan posts on a daily basis inshaAllah

3. Faiza
    Oct 2 2010

ASAK, In my opinion three will be too much, I am sometimes so inundadted with Islamic posts online that I keep telling myself I’ll come back to them when i have time. Many times they are put into the recycle bin unread or just skimmed. Its not that I don’t care, or that I don’t want to read them but there’s too much material all at once and I can’t absorb or retain that much. Please make it one blog and make it personal, I always read the mails you write but don’t always listen or read the ones you attach and its someone I don’t know giving a lecture. I think people take to you because of your personality and I love reading the stuff you send because I can imagine you telling me. Hope to c u soon!

• Umm Muawiyah
      Oct 4 2010

Wa Alaikum Assalam.

Well, my job is to provide the posts. If people delete them, that’s their decision and that’s fine. If people read them, that’s good, alhamdulillah.

I’m not sure what you mean by “make it one blog” because it IS one blog. Is it personal? Sort of.

You might not use the attached resources but many of the readers do, alhamdulillah, and that is good because some of the books were authored by scholars. As one of the main aims of this blog was to provide Ramadan-related resources, I won’t stop providing the books and lectures on account of what the minority think.

Jazakillahu kheira for your encouragement though. I found the part about my personality somewhat funny because I’ve seen that most people do NOT take to me because of it! I’m what you could call “an acquired taste”.

4. farishta abdul wahab
    Oct 2 2010

slm
    how r u ?
    love your blog
    and i personally prefer the second opinion
    hopefully we get to see tht
    slms

• Umm Muawiyah
      Oct 4 2010

Wa Alaikum Assalam.

I’m fine, alhamdulillah. What about you?

Jazakillahu kheira.

5. Umm Zakariyya
    Oct 2 2010

As-salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

I prefer the first option as well.

Jazaaki Allaahu khayra!

• Umm Muawiyah
      Oct 4 2010

Wa ‘Alaikum As-Salaam Wa Rahmathullaahi Wa Barakaathuh.

[Pleased?]

Wa iyaaki.

6. Mona
    Oct 2 2010

option 2 i think, JAK!

• Umm Muawiyah
      Oct 4 2010

Assalamu Alaikum.

Wa iyaaki.

7. Umar Farooq
    Oct 4 2010

I would prefer option 1, although it’s confusing when tryina differentiate, alternating should be easiest for you, and thus help make your posts as beneficial as ever, maa shaa Allaah

Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Note: HTML is allowed. Your email address will never be published.