So how’s the Ramadan preparation going?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
So, how is it going?
If the answer is “Aaah….” or “Eek!!” or something similar to that, I would advise the following:
1) Get a piece of paper and a pen.
2) Write down why you feel so unprepared for Ramadan.
[Don’t think the answers, please write them down. Trust me, there is a BIG difference.]
Make sure that you write specific things e.g. prayers are not going well, last year’s fasts are still pending, preparing to travel, etc.
3) Now, for each point, write down how you can improve upon it in the next 4 weeks (that’s all that we have left).
4) Do loads of dua (supplication) and istighfar (seeking forgiveness). Also, start working on that list on a day-to-day basis.
So, if the prayers aren’t going well, then take it one day at a time. Don’t think of the next 29 days. Just think of TODAY.
5) Write down mini-goals for each day and then review those at the end of the day.
[Daily mini-goals really work, trust me, That’s what I’ve been doing so far and it’s working out quite well, alhamdulillah.]
6) Don’t even think of entering Ramadan unprepared.
Don’t say “Oh it’s too late”. No, it’s not too late. You still have a whole month, so strive and have good thoughts about Allah.
Besides, you’ll get the reward for the extra effort you’re putting in, insha-Allah.
If you need more tips, here’s what I wrote at the same time last year.
So once again, if you haven’t started preparing for Ramadan, please try to start TODAY.
Remember, a little adds up to a lot. As for “nothing”, well, it doesn’t add up to anything except zero.