بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Just one month left before the main event…
We should all ask ourselves:
1) Have we finished our pending fasts from last year?
2) Do we do dua to Allah to enable us to reach Ramadan and benefit from it?
3) Have we started to increase in our ibaadah (worship)?
4) Are we just daydreaming or do we really have goals which we are striving to attain this Ramadan?
5) Do we have a plan for pre-Ramadan (Shabaan), Ramadan and post-Ramadan (Shawwal) so that we can maintain out high levels of iman?
If we haven’t gotten started, we need to do so now.
It doesn’t matter if we have work, we still have to make time for this.
And for those who haven’t prepared much for Ramadan, I’d ask you to work backwards:
1) Write the 5-7 major goals that you want to achieve in Ramadan. [It helps to try to remember the things which messed up past Ramadans and then write the exact opposite thing.]
2) Write what you need to do in Shabaan to achieve them.
3) Start working!
For example, if one of your major goals is to understand the taraweeh prayers, then you need to be able to understand Quranic Arabic.
Impossible in a month? Well, no.
What about if your goal is to get healthy by Ramadan?
Too late? Of course not.
Just change your diet (starting from right now!) and start walking. You should see a big improvement in your health in a month’s time, insha-Allah.
So, it’s not that difficult.
Remember: Just write everything down and start working.
Also, remember one more thing: If you get into action now, it will benefit you whether you reach Ramadan or not.
If you reach Ramadan, you will be prepared for it, insha-Allah. And if you die before Ramadan, you’ll die in a higher state of iman, insha-Allah. So, it will be a win-win situation.