بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Knowledge International University is offering two live (free) webinars on the Fiqh of Fasting.
Webinar 1: Introduction to Fiqh of Fasting
Friday 12th August, 10:30PM Saudi Time by Assim Al Hakeem
[That’s 11:30 PM UAE time and 7:30 PM GMT.]
Webinar 2: Contemporary Issues to Fiqh of Fasting
Sunday 14th August, 4:30PM Saudi Time by Shaikh Saad Ash-Shethry
[[That’s 5:30 PM UAE time and 1:30 PM GMT.]
There’s no registration required.
How can you listen in?
Just go to the KIU website and click on the live session link. You’ll find it on the main page.
This is a good opportunity for all of us to review what we already know and learn more, insha-Allah.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
For those of you who’d like to give themselves an iman boost, here are some Ramadan Prep events:
[Note: I didn’t mention some “famous” prep events due to various reasons.]
Completely related question: Why does everyone always wait until a week before Ramadan to do these prep events? Isn’t that pretty late???
1) Knowledge International University is offering two FREE courses.
The first is entitled the “Fiqh of Fasting” and is going to start at the end of July.
The second is called “Good Manners” and is going to be taught in August.
For more information, you may keep a close eye on their Facebook page.
Why did I start with this event? Because unlike all the others, it is taught by a real scholar.
And no, I’m not putting anybody down. I’m just tired of every Muhammad, Abdullah and Ali being called a scholar.
[Even I have been called a scholar. Thrice!!! Subhan Allah, if an ignorant person like me can be called a scholar, then that means the Muslim ummah (nation) is in serious trouble.]
Home Sweet Home (Dubai)
1) Al Huda Sisters has a really nice bunch of classes (for sisters) geared towards preparing one for Ramadan.
You can find all the information on their blog.
The classes are on Wiziq as well (only for sisters) but you need to contact them for more information.
2) Dr. Muhammad Al-Jibaly is in town (yes, that Muhammad Al-Jibaly) for a Ramadan prep event called “The Essence of Ramadan”.
It’s this Friday (July 29th), insha-Allah. You can find out more here.
3) Kalemah Centre is offering a bunch of Ramadan prep lectures in various masjids around Dubai.
Most of these lectures are in Urdu though. The schedule can be found here.
4) Al Manar Quran Study Centre is offering a “Ramadan Majlis” i.e. a bunch of lectures during Ramadan.
The lectures are in English, Tagalog*, Urdu and Malayalam.
[*No, I don’t know if Brother Omar Penalbar is coming. The last Ramadan he came, about 125 Phillipinos became Muslims in one night, subhan Allah!]
Here’s the website.
[KIU (Knowledge International University) is an online university founded by some senior Saudi scholars.]
They’re offering a free short course on the 40 Hadeeth of Imam An-Nawawi (rahimahullah).
[Click on the image to enlarge its size.]
This is a great chance for everybody because:
1) One of the intructors of this course is a real scholar*.
[*Yes, yes, I know. Every Abdullah, Muhammad and Ali is referred to as a “scholar” these days but this is a real one.]
2) The 40 hadeeth is one of the greatest books out there. It’s only when one studies it in detail that one realises how comprehensive it is.
3) It’s free.
4) Those who take the course have an opportunity to obtain a full scholarship for an online Islamic studies degree from KIU.
Click here for more information.
Please do forward this to everyone that you know.