Yes, another “common mistakes article”. We seem to have a lot of these, don’t we?
And what happens? We still continue to make these same mistakes!
Why does that happen, you ask? Well, I’m not sure but if I had to guess, I would say:
1) We read these articles assuming that other people make these mistakes, thereby completely forgetting to take ourselves into account.
2) We read it and realise that we make the same mistakes. However, we forget this when the situation arises, leading us to make that mistake.
What can we do?
Well, I had written a post about a Ramadan Journal. We can summarise these lists (we can exclude those that we definitely never do) and write them down in that journal. After this, all we need to do is go over the summaries every few days in Ramadan. I think we could also do this for all the Ramadan articles and lectures.
So, we can all start with the following article:
What’s a Ramadan journal, you ask?
Well, for me, it’s a little notebook where I:
1) Write down my goals and purpose for the upcoming Ramadan.
2) Write down my dua list.
3) Write down what I plan to do in Ramadan and how I’m preparing for it.
4) Take down notes from various Ramadan lectures.
5) Take down some tips from various books and articles.
6) Write down how I feel the day before and the day after Ramadan.
Okay, so this is mostly what I did last year. You can put in whatever you want. It also helps when one goes for Itikaaf. Rather than having to carry loads of books to boost your iman, you can carry the notebook and review your notes.